All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Rava - 1 1/2 cup
- Mustard - 1 tsp
- Green Coriander chopped - 1 tbsp
- Green chillies Chopped - 4
- Ginger grated - 1/2 inch
- Curry leaves chopped - 10-12 leaves
- Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Curds - 2 cups
- Cashew pieces
Serve hot with ghee and coconut chutney.
- Take oil in a pan and heat it. Add Mustard seeds and cashew pieces
and fry for a minute.
- Add rava and fry on medium flame for 3 minutes then cool it on a
- Take a mixing bowl and mix rava, chillies, coriander, curry leaves
and ginger. Add salt.
- Heat water in a pressure cooker.
- Mix curds just before preparing idlies check for salt. Add baking
soda and mix the dough lightly. You can see the bubbles coming from
- Immediately pour a tablespoon full of dough on idli stand and transfer
it into the steaming pressure cooker. Close the cooker and cook on high
flame for 2 minutes and on medium flame for 8 minutes.
- Let the idli stay in the cooker for a minute and then remove it.