All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1/2 cup besan
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
- Turmeric - 1/2 tsp.
- Asafetida powder - 1 pinch
- Cooking oil - 2 tbs.
- Green chilly - 2
- Garlic - 2 small pods
- 1 small onion
- 1 small tomato
- Red chilly powder - 1/2 tsp.
- 2 cups of water
Serve hot with rice or chappati.
- Cut Onion, Tomato and garlic into small pieces. You can use garlic
powder instead of garlic.
- Cut green chilly into pieces. Keep aside.
- Mix besan and 1/2 cup water to make smooth watery paste.
- Heat the remaining water so that it is just short of boiling.
- Heat oil in a kadai or any flat cooking utensil. Add mustard seeds.
- When mustard seeds start spluttering, add asafetida powder, turmeric
and green chilly.
- Add onion and garlic. Fry till onion becomes pink. Add tomato and
let it cook for a minute.
- Add the hot water, salt, red chilly powder and stir well. When the
water starts boiling, add besan paste slowly , continuously stirring
the water . Let it cook for a minute or two, till it becomes thick.