All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1/2 Lb Small Round Eggplants
- 4 Tbsp Coriander seeds
- 4 Tbsp Sesame Seeds
- 5 Tbsp Ground Roasted Peanuts
- 1 Pinch Backing Soda
- 2 Tbsp Dry Shredded Coconut
- 1 Tsp Turmeric
- 2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Crushed Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 Cup Chopped Fresh Coriander Leaves
- 1 Tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 Tbsp Peanut Oil Or Corn Oil
- 2 Tbsp Jaggery Or Brown Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Tamarind Pulp
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Oil
- 1 Pinch Asafetida
- 1/2 Tsp Fenugreek
- 1 Spring Curry Leaves
Serve hot with Roti, Paratha , nan or rice.
- Slit eggplants by making two cuts lengthwise,at right angle to each
other, leaving stem intact.
- Dry roast coriander seeds, sesame seeds, peanuts, Poppy seeds and
shredded coconut separately and coarsely grind to make coarse paste.
- Add crushed garlic, chopped coriander, salt, turmeric, garam masala,
pinch of soda, Poppy seeds and 2 Tbsp of oil.
- Mix and loosely stuff it in slit made earlier in eggplants.
- Add jeggery and tamarind pulp to the left over stuffing along with
little water to make thick sauce. Keep aside for later use.
- Now in a heavy bottom pan heat 4 Tbsp oil and when at right temperature
add fenugreek, asafetida and curry leaves.
- Fry for few seconds and add stuffed eggplants.
- Reduce heat to low, cover pan with thali and put some water in thali
so as to cook eggplant with their own steam.
- Add little water if bottom dry and starts to stick. Cook on low heat
until eggplants tender.
- Stir or rearrange eggplants by tossing whole pan rather than using
- When eggplants are tender pour jeggery tamarind mixture over eggplants
and cook for few more minutes.