All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 egg plant (brinjal) (should be fat and big)
- 1 big onion
- 3-4 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon fine cut ginger
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil & jeera for saute
- Green coriander to garnish
Serve hot with parathas/rice.
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees(if you are using an oven)
- Put the Egg Plant in the baking sheet and keep checking it/turning
it till the outer skin starts cracking and can be peeled off without
difficulty. Remember, this process has to be done carefully so that
the inner part of the EggPlant is also cooked well.
- If you have a gas burner, put the eggplant directly on the burner
and keep turning it till the outer skin starts cracking and can be peeled
- Allow the eggplant to cool a little. Peel the outer skin of the eggplant.
- When the skin is removed, crush the eggplant using knife/spoon well
so that it has an even consistency.
- Put some oil in a pan. When hot, put som Jeera(cumin seeds) into
it and put the (not so finely chopped onion) into it.
- When the onions are light golden brown, add the (finely cut)green
chillies and (finely cut)ginger to it.
- Heat it for 2-3 minutes. Add all the masalas.
- Add the eggplant to it. Stir it well and crush the eggplant as much
- Heat it for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.