All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Frozen pastry sheet or puff sheet
- 3 potatoes,boiled, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 100 gms of green peas
- 2 onions
- 1/2 tsp of jeera, mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp of urad dal
- 1/4 tsp of turmeric, hing powder
- Curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp of coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp of garam masala
- 3 tsp of all purpose flour
- Take the pastry sheet from the freezer and allow it to cool for 30-40
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add mustard seeds. When it splutters, add
urad dal, jeera curry leaves,turmeric powder and hing powder. Now add
the cut onions and fry it.
- Once the onions become translucent add the prepared potatoes and
- Mix garam masala and salt.cover and reduce the heat and allow it
to cook for 8 minutes.Then garnish it with coriander leaves. This is
the curry for the filling. Keep it aside.
- Now the pastry sheet would have cooled down. Take it and put some
all purpose flour on it.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the sheet to required thin layer.
- Cut the pastry sheet into 3 inch squares.
- Take one of the 3 inch squares and place the potato filling, fold
it into a triangle or a rectangle and stick the edges tightly with water.
- Do the same thing to rest of the squares.
- Now take a baking tray and grease it with oil and put some flour
on it. Arrange the puffs in the baking tray and bake on the middle rack
of the oven for about 15 minutes. The puffs are done when the pastry
sheet turn golden brown.if it doesn't turn golden brown keep it for
another 3 or 4 minutes.