All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Aloo Pastry Puffs
- 1 pastry puff sheet (this is found in the frozen foods section)
- 1 big potato
- Some cumin seeds
- Some fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
Serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- Boil the potato, peel the skin and mash it, but not like a paste.
- Take the pastry puff sheet and cut into 9 small squares.
- In a kadai, put a little oil and add the cummin seeds. When they
splutter add the fennel seeds. Fry for about 30 seconds and add the
smashed potato. Add garam masala, turmeric and salt. Mix everything
well and keep on flame for about a minute. Remove from gas and allow
it to cool a little bit, say for about 5 minutes.
- Now take the square piece of the pastry puff sheet and put some of
the potato mixture in the centre.
- Dip your finger in water and apply water on all the four sides of
the sheet so that the sides can be stuck.
- Now fold the square piece diagonally, in the shape of a triangle.
Make the remaining squares pieces in the similar way.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the made pastries in a baking tray and bake it for approximately
20 minutes or until the puffs are golden in color. Once they turn slightly
golden then turn it over and allow the other side to cook too.