All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 1/2 lb. chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 4 medium onions sliced finely
- 2-3 tbsp curd
- 2 tsp red-chilli pwd
- 2 -3 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin pwd
- 2 tbsp coconut, roasted and ground into a fine paste
- 3 tomatoes, pureed
- 2-3 cloves
- 1 " cinnamon
- 2-3 cardammoms
- 2 tbsp cashewnuts, ground with a little water to a paste
- A bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- Cooking oil
Serve hot with rice or roti.
- Marinate the chicken with cumin powder, chilli powder and turmeric
powder and bake it in the oven or shallow fry in a little oil till well
done. Drain and set aside.
- Deep fry the sliced onions in oil till they are properly browned.Drain
them, add the curd and blend the mixture with the cinnammon, cloves
and cardammoms till smooth.Set aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the above onion/curd masala till the
oil begins to seperate.Now add the dry powders and fry for about 1/2
a minute.Add the pureed tomato and the chicken pieces.Add some water
and simmer till the chicken is cooked.Add the cashewnut and coconut
paste and bring to a boil. Garnish with the chopped coriander leaves.