All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 5 tbsp.veg oil
- 3/4 tsp whole cumin seeds
- 1" stick of cinnamon -
- 2 bay leaves
- 6 whole cardamom pods
- 1/4 tsp whole peppercorns
- 2 med sized onions peeled and finely chopped
- 6-7 garlic cloves peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pound of fresh tomatoes peeled and finely chopped (tinned can be
- 1" cube of fresh ginger peeled and finely chopped
- 3 lb.jointed chicken pieces skinned
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala.
Serve hot with rice or hot rotis.
- Heat the oil in a large, wide pot over a med-high flame.
- When hot put in the cumin seeds, cinnamon, bay leaves, and pepper
- Stir once and then add the onions, garlic, and ginger.
- Stir and let it fry till the onions pick up brown specs.
- Now put in the tomatoes, salt and the red pepper powder, stir fry
for about 2-3 mins till the onions become soft and mushy.
- Now add the chicken pieces, stir to mix and bring to a boil.
- Pressure cook after adding 1 cup of hot water for about 15 mins.
- Once the meat is tender add the garam masala and cook with open lid
for about 5 mins in order to reduce the liquid somewhat.