All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Baked Pistachio Rice
- 250 gms rice cooked in salt water
- 50 gms pistachio paste
- 1 cup chicken, boiled and shredded
- 2-3 tbsp butter
- 2 cups spring onion chopped
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 3-4 chillies, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp ajinomoto
- Carrots for garnishing
- Few pistachios chopped
- Heat butter and saute 1 cup onion.
- Add chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add flour, saute till light brown.
- Add the pistachio paste, saute for 1 minute.
- Gradually add milk, stock, chillies and 1/2 cup spring onion. Cook
for 2-3 minutes season with salt, pepper and ajinomoto and remove from
- Fry remaining spring onions in oil, add rice and remove from fire.
- Grease an oven proof dish, spread half the rice, spread the sauce
over it and cover with remaining rice.
- Sprinkle some chopped pistachio on the rice and knobs of butter.
Bake for 10 minutes. Decorate with carrot petals.