All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 small chicken - about 700-800 gm.
- 1 large onion - skinned and quartered
- 1 large carrot - peeled and cut in 3 cm. pieces
- 2 sticks celery - chopped
- 1 bouquet garni (20 pepper corns, 3 cm. piece cinnamon, 8 cloves,
2 black cardamoms tied loosely in muslin cloth)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 10 cups water
- Scald the feet of the chicken in boiling water for 10 minutes.
- Drain and place all the ingredients in pressure cooker and cover
with salted water.
- Bring to pressure, reduce the heat and cook for 15 minutes.
- Cool and lift out the chicken.
- Remove carcass, wings and neck and put these back into pressure cooker.
- Lift off the meat from the bones and add these also.
- Place pressure cooker back on fire and bring to pressure.
- Reduce heat and cook for 20 minutes.
- Cool and strain through muslin.
- Remove any fat from the surface by drawing absorbent paper over it.