All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Chicken Pockets with Spinach and
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 sprig fresh thyme, or 1/4 tsp dried
- 1/2 lb fresh spinach, washed, stalks removed, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, halved
- 1&1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 3 oz fat-free sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 2 egg whites, beaten with 2 Tbsp water
- Nonfat cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Sauté onion in oil until limp.
- Add carrot and cook 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add garlic, thyme, and spinach. Cover and cook until spinach wilts.
- Pour off excess water.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Allow to cool. Divide into 6 portions.
- Cut pocket in side of each chicken half.
- Stuff each with spinach filling. Close with toothpicks.
- Mix bread crumbs, cheese, garlic, and parsley flakes.
- Dip chicken in egg wash and roll in crumb mixture.
- Spray baking dish with cooking spray and put chicken pockets in.
- Spray chicken, sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 30 minutes.