All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 3 lbs green cabbage
- 3 apples, peeled, cored, and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 2/3 cup hot orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup frozen unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup broth
- 1/2 cup matzo meal
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 egg whites
- 1/8 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Rinse cabbage, core and shred coarsely like wide noodles.
- Cover with boiling water, add salt and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until tender, about 20-25 minutes. Drain well and spread out
to cool on a baking sheet.
- Squeeze dry, by handfuls, and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add apples, raisins, orange juice, lemon juice, apple juice concentrate,
and broth and mix gently.
- Sprinkle matzo meal and cinnamon over the cabbage mixture and combine.
- Beat egg whites & cream of tartar in a separate bowl until stiff
(holds a peak).
- Fold egg whites into cabbage mixture and turn into a 2-quart rectangular
casserole that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon & nutmeg and bake 1 hour in a
350 degree preheated oven.