All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 Egg
- 1 Cup of Milk
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- A few drops of Vanilla essence.
- Take a baking pan which fits into the cooker and sprinkle
5-6 teaspoons of sugar in it.
- Hold it over a small flame until the sugar starts to caramelise.
- Then spread the caramel evenly over the dish so that it covers the
entire base of the dish.
- Remove it and keep aside to cool.
- Boil the milk in a pan and set aside till it cools to room
- Take a wide mixing bowl and beat the egg using an electric hand mixer
until it gets foamy.
- Then blend in the sugar and beat it once more.
- Now add the cooled milk slowly to the mixture and blend well.
- Add a few drops of vanilla essence to the mixture and blend again.
- Now pour this mixture into the baking dish on the cooled caramel
- Pour 2 inches of water into the cooker and place the dish into it.
- Steam it for a good 15 minutes on low flame with the weight on.
- Once it is done remove the dish and set aside for cooling.
- Then place it in the refrigerator for 2 hrs.
- Before serving cut the entire edge of the pudding along the sides
using a knife in order to loosen it.
- Then cover the dish with an upturned plate and overturn the dish
so that the pudding slides on to the plate.
- Cut and serve.