All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 6 slices of canned Pineapple.
- 4 tbsps golden syrup.
- 6 cherries.
- 5 eggs
- 150g melted butter.
- 200g sugar.
- 180g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder.
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence.
- Grease cake tin with butter and golden syrup. Put pineapple rings
into cake tin and place a cherry in the centre of each pineapple ring.
- Preheat convection oven at 180oC.
- Beat egg white with baking powder for about 5 minutes.
- Add in sugar. Beat until stiff before adding in egg yolk, one at
a time. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Fold in flour and slowly add in melted butter.
- Pour batter into greased cake tin and bake for 50-55 minutes.
- When cake is ready, turn over on a plate. Brush with golden syrup
or apricot jam.