All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Carrot and pineapple cake
- 2 1/2 cups finely grated carrots (4 large carrots)
- 1 1/2 cups walnut quarters
- 1 cup fresh pineapple chunks
- 1cup golden raisins
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 cup cake flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup vegetable oil
Serve at room temperature .
- Preheat the oven to 375
- Grease the sides and bottom of the pan . Line the bottom with the
circle of parchment, then dust the sides with flour.
- Have all the ingredients measured out before you start combining
- In a large bowl mix together carrots, nuts, pineapple, raisins and
- Sift the dry ingredients except the sugar into another bowl.
- Toss about 1/2 cup of the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture.
- Beat the eggs and sugar at high speed until they form a ribbon.
- Continue mixing at low speed while you add the oil.
- Remove from the mixture and fold in the dry ingredients.
- Pour the batter over the carrots mixture and gently fold it in.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in
the center comes out dry, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Cool on the rack.
- When cool, remove from the pan, strip off the parchment, and set
on the cake plate.