All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 heaping cup rajagaro flour
- 3/4 tsp minced serrano or 1 tsp minced jalapeno pepper
- 1tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp jeera
- 1 tbsp oil
- Rice flour
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine rajagaro flour, jeera powder, salt, chilis and 1 tbsp oil.
- Gradually add water mixing with fingers. Knead dough with the palm
of your hand for a few minutes getting the flour off the bottom of the
bowl as you knead.
- When you have kneaded well put this on a rolling surface using a
small rolling pin, rice flour or rajagaro flour for rolling the dough.
- If you add too much flour the dough will dry out. If the dough is
too hard add a few drops of water and knead more.
- 1 cup of flour and 1/2 cup of water should yield 6-8 pieces of roti.
- Roll out the roti. Heat a nonstick pan to medium temp.
- Spray with cooking spray or use a tiny amount of oil on tava.
- Cook first side on hot tava until the roti turns a slight pinkish
tint and some air bubbles form and there are brown spots on the side
- Do not turn too soon or too often.
- After turning brush a tiny amount of oil on the cooked side with
the back of your spoon.
- Turn when the second side has browned a bit and put a tiny bit of
oil on the first side with back of spoon rub heat and transfer to a