All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Hot and Sour Tomato Pickle
- 2 lbs. green tomatoes
- 15-20 red chillies
- 1 cup chopped ginger
- 1 cup chopped garlic
- 2 cups vinegar
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- Salt to taste
- Slice the tomaotes, smear turmeric and salt on them and soak them
in 1 cup vinegar. Leave for about 2 hours.
- Blend together the garlic, ginger, red chillies and 3/4 of the mustard,
with a little vinegar.
- Heat the oil and add the remaining mustard. When the mustard crackles,
add the fenugreek. Fry for 2 minutes and then add the blended mixture
and fry well for over 20 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and the remaining vinegar.
- Stir continuously as the mixture comes to a boil.
- When the pickle is almost done, the oil begins to float at the top.
- Take it off the heat and let it cool.
- Store in a clean bottle