All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 medium sized chopped onions
- 4 small garlic pods
- 5 curry leaves
- 2 TBsp grated coconut(fresh)
- 1/2 tsp pepper corns
- 1 TBspcoriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp tamarind paste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 TBspSP oil
- Fry the coconut, peppercorns, curry leaves, 1 TBsp chopped
onion, on medium heat till the peppercorns splutter.
- Add the dhania powder and chilli powder to the fried mixture and
continue to fry for a few more secs. Do not let it become black, just
a medium brown in color.
- Cool the mixture and grind it very finely with some water.
- Add one tbsp of oil to a pan. When it is hot add one tsp mustard
seeds and wait till the spluttering stops. Then add the chopped onion
and the garlic and saute them till the onion is transparent. Then add
the ground mixture, tamarind paste, salt and water.
- Boil this sauce till its of the right consistency. It should neither
be too runny nor too thick. You can mix this with cooked rice and eat,
with pappads. You can even add boiled vegs like eggplant & drumsticks,
also chick peas, black eyed peas and channa.