All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- A large bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp white til ( sesame) seeds
- 4 tbsp chana dal
- 4 tbsp fresh grated coconut or dessicated powder;
- 8 to 10 dried red chillies
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped roughly;
- 1 tbsp tamarind powder or a lemon size dry tamarind
1-1/2 tsp salt
- Roast dry the sesame seeds till they are about to splutter, add chana
dal till it starts turning slightly brown.
- Add the dried red chillies, the grated coconut or dessicated powder,
and garlic. Roast till the coconut is dry and turns slightly brown.
- Remove and transfer the roasted ingredients to a flat dish to cool
- Slightly roast the air- dried coriander leaves .
- First grind roughly the roasted ingredients along with tamarind/amchur
powder and salt, then add the dry roasted coriander leaves and salt
and grind some more till all the ingredients are thoroughly mixed to
a a consistency not too fine.