All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Tomatoes - 1 1/2lbs -
- Vegetable oil (1 1/2 tb Spoons)
- Tamarind paste (1 tb spoon)
- Haldi (Turmeric powder) - 1/2 tea spoon
- 2 Tb spoons Oil
- Hing - 1 big Pinch
- Chana dal 1 1/4 tb spoon
- Urad dal 1 tb spoon
- Red Chillies - 5 for medium spiciness
- Green Chillies - 6-7 for medium spiciness
- Mustard seeds
- Green Coriander
- Garlic - 3 big cloves
- Heat oil in kadai and add cut tomatoes (big pieces)
- Once the tomatoes are well cooked and the juice of the tomatoes thickens
in the pan add tamarind paste and haldi and salt.
- Cook for 10 more minutes on medium heat, now the tomato mixture should
be pretty viscous and hot so cool it down.
- Heat oil, add hing, add dals and saute them until they start turning
golden then add red chillies and green chillies and mustard in
the last so that they splutter less add garlic cloves if you like.
- Let the seasoning cool down for 5-10 mins, then grind it. Add the
tomato paste and whip for few seconds, add coriander as it is on top
or whip it together, adjust your salt according to taste.