All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 3 brinjals (chinese eggplants)
- 1 large tomato
- 1/4 large onion
- 2 tbl spoons oil
- 1/4 tsp tamarind paste
- 3 green chilles
- 4 red chillies
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp methi seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
Serve with rice.
- Cut the brinjals into 1 inch pieces and put them is salt water. Cut
tomato and onion into small pieces.
- Heat 1 1/2 tbl spoons of oil in a sauce pan and fry the brinjal till
- Add onion and tomato and fry till the brinjal is very soft.
- Let this cool down.
- In a separate pan, add 1/2 tbl spoon oil. Add mustard and methi seeds.
When mustard begins to splitter, add cumin, asafatoeda and red chillies.
Let this cool down too.
- When the seaoning is cool enough to be put in a grinder, grind together
the seasoning, green chillies, salt and tamarind.
- Mash the fried brinjal mixture well and mix it with the ground paste.