All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1kg. mango pieces
- 1/2 tbsp. kalonji
- 1/2 tbsp. saunf, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 tbsp. methi seeds coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2/3 cup chilli powder red
- 2 tbsp. turmeric
- 2 1/2 cups mustard oil approx.
- Take mango pieces in large wide bowl or jar.
- Pour all ingredients over them, except oil.
- Mix very well with clean dry hands of wooden spatula.
- Keep in sun for 4 days.
- Stir once, check for taste.
- Heat oil very well till smoky.
- Cool to almost room temperature
- Add to pickle and mix well.
- Pour into clean, dry pickle jars.
- Press down firmly with back of the spoon.
- There should be enough oil to form a layer over surface of pickle.
- Tie with a thin muslin, before placing lid.
- Allow to mature for 10-12 days before using.
- Store carefully as shown above to keep pickle from going bad.