All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 750 g. mutton
- 350 g. basmati rice
- 1 cup fresh curd
- 2 large onions sliced
- 2 flakes garlic
- 3 large cardamoms
- 8 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. ginger paste
- 2 tsp. black peppercorns
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. chilli powder
- 1 tsp. coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg powder
- A pinch of turmeric
- Salt to taste
- 100 g. ghee
Serve with raita.
- Bring 750 ml. water to boil, add rice, salt and turmeric, cover and
cook for 15 mins. till water is absorbed.
- Heat ghee and fry half onions till brown, remove and keep aside,
- Fry raisins, pistachios and almonds and add these to the rice.
- Fry rest of onions, add ginger, garlic, cumin, chilli powder, and
fry, add mutton and brown on high heat for 5 minutes, add cinnamon,
cardamoms, cloves, peppercorns, coriander powder, nutmeg, salt and 125ml.
water, stir well, cover and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in the curd and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Layer a dish with alternate layers of rice and mutton, cook in a
preheated oven at 200 degrees C for 10 minutes.