All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1/2 kg. mutton chops
- 1 cup curd, well beaten
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup methi leaves (fresh), chopped fine
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 1 tomato, cubed
- 8 peppercorns
- 4 Kashmiri chillies
- 3-4 green chillies
- 3 cloves
- 2 cardamoms
- 2 sprigs mint leaves
- 2.5 cm. cinnamon stick
- 5 tsp. coriander seeds
- 1 tsp. cummin seeds
- 1 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 1 tsp. dried methi leaves, crushed
- Ghee for frying
Serve hot with remaining coriander leaves.
- Roast peppercorns, cardamoms, cloves, cinnamon, poppy seeds, coriander
seeds, cummin seeds and red chillies and grind to a fine powder.
- Fry green chillies and onions with a little ghee and grind them along
with half cup coriander leaves, mint leaves and powdered spices, to
a fine paste.
- Heat ghee in a pan.
- Add mutton pieces and fry for a minute.
- Add methi leaves and salt and fry for three minutes.
- Pour the ground masala paste over the chops and fry for five minutes,
adding just half a cup of water.
- Add curds and mix well.
- Just before covering the pan, add the tomato and potato pieces. Cook
till mutton is done.
- Uncover the pan and add dry methi leaves. Simmer for few minutes.