All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 cup rice
- A little over 1/2 cup yellow moong dal
- 1 capsicum
- 1 potato
- Few florettes of cauliflower (big pieces)
- 1 carrot (sliced long, about 1")
- 7-8 beans (in 1" pieces)
- 3/4 cup cabbage (cut in medium pieces)
- Some peas
- 1" ginger (crushed)
- 1 teaspoon cummin seeds
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 2 green chillies (in 1/2" pieces, slitted)
- Salt to taste
- Cut all the vegetables a little big.
- Soak the rice & dal together in water.
- In a pan, heat the ghee and add cummin seeds to it.
- When the seeds splutter add the slitted green chillies.
- Add first the green pepper. Fry for a minute and then add all the
vegetables and fry it for about 5 minutes.
- Drain the water from the rice & dal and add it to the vegetables.
Mix everything well and add salt.
- Just crush the ginger and add it to the mixture.
- Add about 3 1/2 cups of water. And close the pan tightly so that
no steam escapes.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes.