All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Ginger Citrus Rice
- 2 table spoons oil
- 2 table spoons fresh ginger root, peeled and grated
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups of water
- 2 cups basmati rice
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 large lime
- In saucepan over medium heat, heat oil until very hot, but not smoking.
- Add ginger root and ground cumin and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 4 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and salt.
- Reduce heat to low; cover and cook 15 to 18 minutes until all water
is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Stir in lime juice.