All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 cups Basmati Rice, lightly washed.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 lb frozen peas
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut lengthwise
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut lengthwise.
- 5 table spoons cooking oil.
- 3 tsp Salt
- 5 cloves
- 2-3 bay leaves
- 5-green cardamom
- 3 big black cardamom
- 6, 2" long cinnamon barks
- 1/2 tea spoon somf
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera
- 3-4 strands of saffron
- 1cup chopped fresh mint
- 2- 3 green chillies, chopped
- 1 table spoon grated ginger
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Blend all the ingredients for mint masala in a food processor to
a coarse paste. Keep aside.
- Place oil in a pan, throw in the jeera and the rest of the dry spices.
Roast them until you can smell the nice toasted aroma.
- Transfer the spices to a corning pot and add the grounded mint masala.
Place this pot in the microwave for 15-20 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Toast the washed rice (for about 2-3 minutes) in the same pan you
toasted the spices.
- Add the carrots and potatoes and salt to the pot in the microwave
cover the pot and cook in the microwave for another 10 minutes.
- Place 1and 1/2 cups of water and 1 cup of milk and the saffron in
a sauce pan and bring it to a boil.
- Add the milk-water mixture, peas and the toasted rice into the glass
- Mix everything well. Cover the pot.
- Cook in the microwave, 5 minutes on high, and 20-25 minutes on medium
- Fluff it up