All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Green Masala Rice
- 1 cup of Basmati rice (washed & soaked)
- 2 1/4 cups of water
- Green peas / Potatoes
- 1 big onion - sliced
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of hing
- 4 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- One Small bunch of Coriander leaves
- 20 mint leaves
- 3 green chillies
- 1/4 piece of ginger
- Grind all ingredients of masala together with a little water
- In a pan put oil. When hot put in the cumin seeds and onions. Stir
till onions turn light brown.
- Next add the ground green masala, salt and saute till the oil leaves
- To this add the green peas / potatoes.
- Add the soaked rice and water and pressure cook for 20 minutes.