All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Sooji 1 cup
- Sugar 1 1/4 cup
- Ghee 1/2 cup
- Milk 1/2 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Powdered Cardamom 1
- Powdered Clove 1
- Cashews 1 tbsp
- Raisins 1 tbsp
- Pineapple grated 1/2 cup
- Saffron 1 pinch + 2 tbsp milk
Serve warm or cold.
- Heat 3 tbsp ghee in a shallow frying pan add cashews and raisins
fry till golden, remove from pan and keep aside.
- Add sooji to the remaining ghee and fry on a low heat till light
brown and keep aside.
- Bring milk and water to rolling boil add saffron dissolved in milk
and add 2 tbsp ghee.
- Then add sooji,cardamom,clove,cashews and raisins slowly stirring
the mixture to prevent the formation of lumps.
- Keep stirring to break any lumps.
- Reduce heat.
- Cook 2-3 mins.
- When all the water has been absorbed, add sugar, remaining ghee,
- Stir well till traces of ghee began to show at the sides.
- Turn off the heat and keep it covered for few minutes.