All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Brown Rice and Bell Pepper Pulao
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2 medium size green bell peppers chopped fairly small
- 1 Jalapeno chilli
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp of jeera
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. olive or canola oil
- 3 Tbsps shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook and set aside the brown rice with 1/2 tsp of salt
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and fry jeera.
- Once it changes color, add the onions and chopped jalapeno chillies
and saute for about 3 to 5 mins.
- Add the chopped bell peppers and continue to saute. The vegetables
should not be too soft.
- The flavor is best when the peppers are still a bit crisp.
- Garnish with salt and pepper and add the chopped cilantro.
- Mix this with the cooked rice and shredded cheese while still warm.