All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Coconut and Coriander Rice
- Basmati rice - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coriander - 1 bunch
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsb
- Lemon - 2
- Green chillies
- Asafoetida - pinch
- Salt to taste
- Oil 3-4 tsp
- Urad dal
- Ground nuts
Serve hot or cold.
- Boil the rice. Do not over boil the rice and let it cool down.
- Keep a pan put little oil and add green chillies, fenugreek seeds,
coriander, coconut and asafoetida and fry till you get the smell of
fenugreek seeds . Do not over fry as fenugreek seeds will become bitter.
- Grind the above mixture without putting water. Use lemon juice instead
- Heat little oil in a pan and add mustard seeds when it stops to splutter
and urad dal and groundnuts. Fry for some time and then add the ground
mixture. Fry for 2-3 seconds.
- Add the cooked rice and salt to the above mixture and mix well.