All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1.5 cup long grained rice
- 1.5 cups grated raw mango
- 4 tbsp peanuts
- Salt to taste
- 1.5 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp asafoetida powder
- 4 red chillies
- 1 green chilly
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup grated coconut
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dhal
- 1 tsp channa dhal
- 1 red chilli
- A few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- Cook the rice and set it aside to cool.
- Grind the ingredients for the masala to a fine paste, adding half
the grated mango.
- Heat 3 tbsp oil, add all the ingredients for seasoning.
- When mustard seeds splutter, add the peanuts.
- When the dals and peanuts turns golden, add the remaining grated
- Cook for a few minutes on a medium heat till the mango is done.
- Add ground masala and cook till the raw smell disappears.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In the meantime, to the cool rice, stir in this cooked masala little
by little, till the masala blends with the rice.
- Garnish the mango rice with the finely chopped coriander leaves.