All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 cups of basmati rice,
- 2 table spoons of cumin seeds.
- 6-8 green chillies.
- 3/4 cup of grated coconut.
- Tamarind juice of a small lemon size.
- 1/4 cup of oil.
- Urad dal and split chanadal 1 1/2 spoons each.
- 1 medium size chopped onion.
- A handful of peanut.
- 1/4 cup or more chopped coriander leaves and few curry leaves.
- Salt and turmeric powder 1/2 spoon.
- Grind cuminseeds, tamarind juice, green chillies and coconut together
- Heat oil in a nonstick vessel
- Add mustard after it splutters add both the dals fry till light brown
- Add peanut and after few seconds add chopped onion and turmeric powder
- After few seconds add the ground masala, salt and 1/2 cup of water
and keep stirring it for around 10 minutes, close the lid and simmer
it for about 15 minutes
- Add coriander and curry leaves.
- Keep it overnight outside (not in fridge) next day add it to the
cooked rice and mix well.