All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 Lemon (Big)
- 1/4 tbsp Turmeric Powder
- 5 Green Chilies
- 1/4 inch Ginger
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 11/2 cup Rice
- 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- 1 tbsp Chana Daal
- A pinch of asafetida
- Oil for seasoning.
- Extract the juice from the lemon.
- Add the turmeric powder and the salt to the juice.
- Cut the chillies and the ginger into small pieces.
- Add oil in pan. Oil should be added in excess.
- Once the oil is heated add mustard, chana daal and asafetida.
- As the chana daal turns golden brown, add the lemon juice.
- Allow to boil for 3-4 minutes and let it cool.
- Boil the rice with less water so that the grains are separable from
- Add the prepared lemon syrup to the rice evenly.