All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 400 gms. basmati rice
- 250 gms. cauliflower, cut into flowerettes
- 100 gms. green peas, shelled
- 100 gms. carrots, cut into 2.5 cm. long pieces
- 100 gms. french beans, cut into diamond shaped pieces
- 3 potatoes, cut into four pieces each
- 2 black cardamoms
- 4 green cardamoms
- 4 cm. cinnamon
- 4 cloves
- 8 peppercorns
- 1 tsp. shahjeera
- 3 bay leaves
- Few strands of saffron
- 250 g. onions, sliced
- 3/4 cup curd
- 4 tsp. chilli powder
- 3 tsp. ginger-garlic paste
- 2 tsp. mint paste
- 1 1/2 tsp. garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. coriander-cummin powder
- 3 tbsp. ghee or more
- Ghee for deep frying onions
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 capsicums, sliced
- 2 onions, fried till crisp
- Few mint leaves
- Wash the vegetables and dry them well.
- Mix all the ingredients for the masala, well except the ghee, and
marinate the vegetables in it for one hour.
- Heat ghee and deep fry the onions till well browned. Remove from
- When cool, grind to a paste.
- Wash and cook the rice in double the quantity of water. When done,
remove the rice and spread it in a plate.
- Keep aside to cool.
For preparing rice
Serve hot with raita and papad.
- Lightly roast the saffron, powder and sprinkle over the rice.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and season it with the whole spices.
- Add the vegetables and saute for five minutes.
- Add a little water and cook the vegetables till done and almost dry.
- In a baking dish arrange alternate layers of rice and the prepared
- Top with garnish and bake in a moderately hot oven for 20 minutes.