All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Bitter Gourd Salad
- Bittergourd sliced in thin circles 1 cup
- Maida 1 teaspoon
- Chillipowder 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt a pinch
- Oil 2 dessert spoons
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Methi seeds 1/4 teaspoon
- Dried red chillies broken 2
- Chopped onions 1/4 cup
- Green chillies sliced 1
- Chopped ginger 1teaspoon
- Curry leaves few
- Grated coconut 1/4 cup
- Jeera 1/2 teaspoon
- Curd 3 cups
- Salt to taste
- Mix together maida ,chilli powder,pinch salt and sliced gourd.
- Set aside to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds, methi seeds and dried
- When chillies change colour add chopped onions, green chillies, ginger
and curry leaves and fry till onions are light brown.
- Grind together coconut and jeera and add to the onion mix in pan.
- Fry till coconut turns light brown. Drain out excess oil.
- Separately deep fry marinated gourd in hot oil.
- Mix together fried gourd, coconut mix, curd and salt. Serve immediately.
- If you want to use the salad after a while add curd and salt to the
dry ingredients 10 minutes before serving for a better taste.