All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Indian Pasta Salad
- 1-1/2cup water
- 1/3cup toasted cashew pieces
- 1/4cup lemon juice
- 2tablespoons ghee
- 1tablespoons mustard seeds
- 1/2 to 1tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp asafoetida
- 3 tomatoes,seeded and diced
- 10 ounces thin vermicelli
- 8 ounces thin green beans,stemmed
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the water, half of nuts, and the lemon juice in a blender;
process until smooth.
- Heat ghee add mustard seeds.
- When they crackle add asafoetida.
- Then add tomatoes, chilli powder and cashew puree; remove from heat.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil; add the green beans.
- When the beans are just shy of cooked, stir in the vermicelli.
- Cook until the pasta is tender but firm.
- Drain well and add the pasta to the ingredients in the saucepan.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the remaining cilantro and garnish with the remaining cashews.