All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Green Prawn Pulao
- 1 cup Basmati rice washed and drained.
- 1 cup shelled,deveined prawns.
- 1 tsp turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tsp shajeera.
- 1/2 cup chopped coriander leaves
- Oil for frying.
- 3/4 green chillies.
- 2 tsp chopped garlic.
- 7/8 peppercorns
- 5/6 cloves
- 1 tsp chopped ginger.
- 1 inch cinnamon
Serve with salad, pickle and omlette.
- Wash prawns, apply salt and turmeric powder and leave aside for 15
- Shallow fry the prawns in oil but do not let them harden. Save the
- Heat 2 tbsp oil, add shajeera. When it splutters add the ground masala
and fry till oil separates.
- Then add the drained rice and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add one and a half cups water to it, add salt and mix it.
- When the water boils reduce the flame and cook the rice on slow fire
- Fluff up the rice with a fork and mix fried prawns and sprinkle some
of the oil used for frying prawns on the rice.
- Cover and leave on slow fire for five minutes.