All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Scrumptious Fish Chops
- 2 medium sized tins of Tuna fish
- 2 small potatoes, boiled and mashed.
- Half a cup cooked green peas
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely mined
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3 green chillies, finely chopped
- 3 spoons cilantro finely chopped
- Jeera powder, 2 spoons
- Coriander powder, 2 spoons
- Turmeric, 1 spoon
- Red chilli powder 1 spoon
- 1 spoon garam masala
- 2 spoons tomato paste
- 2 eggs, beaten well
- Bread crumbs, 2-3 cups
- Oil for deep frying
Serve hot on a bed of lettuce, with raw onion rings soaked in lemon juice,
lemon wedges and ketchup.
- Heat a spoon of oil in a skillet and fry the fish for about 10-15
minutes, adding a little of all the masalas(add garam masala in the
end) till the fish becomes slightly dry and golden brown. Take it out
of the skillet and place in a large shallow dish.
- Take some more oil, heat it and then fry the onions till golden brown.
- Add the ginger, garlic and fry for a couple for minutes.
- Add the rest of the powders(add garam masala in the end) and fry
some more. Then add the tomato paste, cilantro and green chillies and
fry till you can see the oil separate.
- Turn off the heat. Now, add this onion masala along with the mashed
potatoes to the fish in the shallow pan and knead well. Do not add too
much of the potato. Add just enough to bind the fish together or you
will not get the taste of the fish.
- Shape this fish mixture into chops. Then dip in the egg mixture,
then in bread crumbs placed in a shallow bowl, dip in egg again, then
again in the bread crumbs and deep fry till dark brown. (you can do
the egg-bread crumbling procedure just once, but doing it twice makes
for even crunchier chops )
- Drain on paper towels.