All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Fish (Sardines) Curry
- 10 Sardines - cleaned and washed thoroughly
- 3 medium onions - chopped
- 6 flakes garlic - chopped finely
- 1 inch piece ginger - chopped finely
- 5 - 6 green chillies - slit lengthwise
- 2 medium tomatoes - chopped
- 1 tsp. turmeric powder.
- 1/2 tsp. red chilli powder
- Oil for frying - 4 -5 tbsp.
- Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Heat oil in a wok and then add the green chillies, garlic and ginger.
- Stir for 15 seconds and then add the chopped onions.
- Fry till onions are glossy and transparent.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder, and the salt.
- Stir for 1 minute and then add the chopped tomatoes.
- Keep frying till the tomatoes become slightly mushy.
- Add 2 to 3 cups water and bring the curry to a boil for 5 min.
- Switch it to low flame mode and then gently slip in the sardines
into the curry.
- Let the fish curry simmer for around 5 mins