All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 2 small tins light tuna
- 2 large onions finely chopped
- 2 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- 5 green chillies finely chopped
- 1-2 eggs well beaten
- 1 small potato boiled and mashed
- 3 sprigs curry leaves finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 2 tbsp oil for saute
- Bread crumbs for coating
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 tbsp cloves
- 2 tbsp cardamom
- 2 tbsp aniseed
- 3 small cinnamon sticks
Serve hot with an onion salad and mint/ tamarind chutney.
- Dry roast all garam masala ingredients, cool and powder.
- Remove all water from the tuna, pour fresh water and discard. Keep
the mince aside.
- Pour 2 tbsp of oil in a pan and saute ginger, garlic, green chillies
and curry leaves on low flame for a few seconds.
- Add onions and saute until transparent.
- Add all the powders and continue to saute. Add garam masala.
- Add salt and cook until well blend.
- Add the fish mince and cook well. There should be no water in the
- Remove and cool.
- Mix the mashed potatoes and blend well.
- Make oval or round patties, dip in beaten egg, coat with bread crumbs
and deep fry.
- The patties can be made and frozen. Deep fry when required.