All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Red Fish Curry
- 1/2 kg fish cut into pieces
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- A few curry leaves
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 1/2 cm ginger, shredded
- 7 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp chilly powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 pinches fenugreek powder
- 3 or 4 pieces tamarind (soaked in water)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
Serve it with plain white rice.
- Cut and clean the fish. Heat oil in a frying pan and fry mustard.
- Then add curry leaves, chopped onion, ginger and garlic fry it for
- Put in the chilly powder, coriander powder, and turmeric powder.
- Fry all this well.
- Now add the fenugreek powder and the softened tamarind.
- Pour in the water. Then add salt. After it boil add the fish.
- Let it simmer until the gravy thickens and the fish is tender.
- Lastly sprinkle the coconut oil, and leave it on the gas for a minute.