All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Mackeral in Coconut Gravy
- 1/2 kg Mackeral
- 1cup coconut grated
- small piece of ginger sliced thinly
- 4 flakes of garlic sliced thinly
- 2 green chillies
- Curry leaves
- 1tbls red chillie powder
- 1/2 tbl turmeric
- 1/2 tbl cummin powder
- Juice of tamarind -lemon sized
Serve with hot basmati rice.
- Grind 1 cup of coconut grated with 1/2tbls of turmeric nicely and
fine. Keep aside.
- Clean the fish and cut each fish to two pieces.
- Now add 3 cups of water to the coconut ground and add the ginger,
garlic, green chillies, red chillie pd, cummin pd and tamarind juice
to it and finally the curry leaves. Let this mixture boil nicely. Once
boiled add the fish pieces and cover till the fish is done.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds, when it splutters add onions and
brown it and add this mixture over the fish.