All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 500 gms Hilsa fish (Cut into pieces and washed)
- 4 tsp of Mustard powder / grinded mustard seeds
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 3/4 tsp paanch-phoran
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves - finely chopped
- 4 tbsp cooking oil. (mustard oil preferable)
- Salt to taste
Serve with rice.
- Take the yogurt in a small bowl. Add mustard powder, turmeric, chilly
powder & salt - mix it well.
- In a frying pan, heat oil, add paanch-phoran & green chillies.
- After a few seconds add the above mixture to it.
- Fry for 2 minutes till oil starts separating.
- Now put the fish pieces and add two cups of water.
- Boil in medium heat until the fish is cooked and the gravy is of
- Garnish with coriander leaves