All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Potatoes 2 big
- Slice of bread 1
- Pepper powder 1/2 tsp
- Rawa 1/4 cup
- Rice flour 1/4 cup
- Shrimp peeled and deveined 1 cup
- Fresh coconut grated 1/2 cup
- Onions finely chopped 1 cup
- Red chilli powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
- Dhana-jeera powder 1 tsp
- Coriander leaves chopped 1/2 cup
Serve with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
- Boil potatoes and mash while still hot.
- Soak a slice of bread in water.
- Drain all water from the bread and add it to the potatoes.
- Add pepper powder and salt. Knead well and keep aside
- Wash and clean shrimps. Add salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder
- Fry chopped onions in little oil for a minute.
- Add shrimps and dhana-jeera powder and fry a little more.
- Add approx a cup of water to it.
- Cover the pot and let shrimps cook for 10 minutes or so.
- Once shrimps are cooked increase the heat and dry the mixture.
- Add coconut and chopped coriander to it. Keep it aside.
- Make balls of mashed potatoes and flatten on your palm.
- Add a spoonful of shrimp mixture to it and close the balls.
- Flatten gently on your palm.
- Roll it in rawa-rice flour coating and shallow fry.