All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Shrimp with vegetables
- Medium Shrimp - 1 pound
- Beans - few
- Pumpkin - 1/2 pound
- Carrot - 3 to 4 medium
- Potato - 1 medium
- Jucchini - 3 to 4 small
- Brocolli - 2 to 3 flowers
- Cabbage - 1/2 of a medium one
- Onion - 2 medium or 1 large
- Panchphoran - 1 teaspoon full (Panchphoran is a mixture of equal
amount of cumin, kalonji, methi, mustard and fennel seeds).
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoonfull
- Red chilli powder - 1 teaspoonfull
- Salt and a little bit of sugar
- Cooking oil
Serve with hot rice.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed skillet and put the panchphoran in it.
- Cut the onions in small pieces and fry them with the panchphoran
until golden brown.
- Cut all the vegetables in medium pieces.
- Clean, dethread and wash the shrimps and fry them with the onions.
- Put all the vegetables, salt, sugar and turmeric and chilli powder
and fry for about five minutes.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and set the flame to low.
- Watch that it does not get burnt at the bottom and sprinkle some
water if necessary.