All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- Prawns / Shrimps 2 cups, peeled and deveined
- Coconut 1 cup , finely grated
- Tamarind size of a small lemon
- Whole black pepper 5-6
- Turmeric Powder 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder 1/2 tsp
- Green Chillies 2-3 cut into half
- Corriander powder 1 tsp
- Cumin powder 1tsp
- Onion 1/2 cup finely chopped
- Salt to taste
Serve with plain white rice
- Wash prawns and marinate with salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder.
- Grind grated coconut with tamarind and black pepper to fine paste.
- In little oil (1-2 tsp) fry onions till golden brown.
- Add corriander and cumin powder, and add prawns.
- Fry for a minute and add around 1 cup of water , cut green chillies
- Once prawns are cooked add coconut paste to it.
- Let the curry boil, uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Adjust the consistency by adding water.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.