All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Spicy Fish Patties
- 1 pound skinned haddock, coley or cod
- 2 potatoes boiled and mashed
- 4 scallions,finely chopped
- 4 or 2-inch piece ginger root chopped
- 4 green chiles finely chopped fresh cilantro and mint leaves, chopped
- 2 eggs. bread crumbs, vegetable oil
- Black Pepper.
Serve hot with chili sauce or chutney.
- Put the fish in a lightly greased steamer and cook for 10 minutes,
remove the steamer from the heat and leave the fish on the steaming
tray to cool.
- Flake the fish with with a fork and place in a large bowl.
- Add the potatoes, scallions, chilies, ginger, cilantro, and mint,
seasoning and 1 egg; beat the reamaining egg in a bowl.
- Shape the mixture into patties.
- Dip the patties in egg, then coat in bread crumbs.
- Heat the oil and fry the patties, until brown.