All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
|Spinach Soybean Kofta
- 2 lbs spinach
- 1 lb (pack) extra firm tofu
- 1 egg
- 5 Tbsp fine wheat flour
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 6 medium cloves of garlic
- 1 tbsp minced ginger
- 4-5 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Garam Masala powder.
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup ground chicken
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Cooking oil
For wet spices
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- Mix everything under wet spices in little bit of water and set aside.
- Wilt spinach with 1/4 cup water and grind it to sauce.
- Drain tofu and squeeze it in a muslin cloth to get rid of water.
Mash tofu till it is consistent. Mix ground chicken , soy sauce, egg,
corn starch and fine flour. Adjust the amount of flour or egg so that
the mixture is of soft lump consistency.
- Spoon the mixture in form of balls and deep fry in hot oil. Set aside
on a kitchen paper towel.
- Heat two tbsp of oil, add garlic, ginger and bay leaves. Wait for
a 1/2 minute before adding onions.
- When onions turn golden in colour, add the spices paste and continue
to fry for 4-5 minutes.
- At this time add the garam masala powder followed by spinach sauce.
Add salt to taste.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes more.