All Recipe Master
Submit a Recipe
- 1 cup toor dal
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- 2 cups wheat flour
- Half tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp dhania powder
- One quarter tsp turmeric
- 3 tbsp oil
- Half tsp cumin seeds
- Half tsp mustard seeds
- 2 sliced green chillies
- 1 sliced onion
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Wash dal and add 2 cups of water, turmeric and salt to taste.
- Pressure cook dal (about 4 whistles).
- Cool the cooker & stir dal well.
- Mix wheat flour, 1 tbsp oil and salt to taste.
- Knead a smooth dough.
- For tikkis, take small cubes from dough and roll them in a circular
shape. Apply oil in the centre and fold it twice to give it a triangular
shape i.e. of a paratha. Repeat this to make about 8-10 tikkis.
- Add chilli powder, dhania powder, tamarind paste, 1 tsp oil to dal
and bring it to a boil.
- Now add tikkis to dal one by one and place the lid of the pressure
- Pressure cook for about 10 min.
- Cool the cooker.
- Prepare the tampering adding cumin seeds, rai. When they splutter
add onion and green chillies.
- When onions are golden brown, add a pinch of asafoetida and immediately
pour it on daal tikki.